Friday 30 September 2011

Homemade Café, Nottingham

This week, for the first time since I started writing this blog, I really haven't been able to devote enough time to writing for it. I never imagined back in January that nine months later I'd still be churning it out at almost a post every other day.

The truth is I'm rather addicted, and the fact that I've not had time to write this week has been a bit frustrating. I have three or four half written posts on a variety of topics, but they're going to have to wait.

They're going to have to wait as I'm going to take a little break. I'm heading off to the Middle East for a fortnight of relaxing, exploring, and of course eating and drinking. I'm probably not going to post anything on here while I'm away, as two weeks away from the computer screen will do me good.

When I return I'll write up some of my holiday dining experiences, no doubt houmous, falafel and shawarma will feature strongly!


In the meantime, here's a salad. A late lunch at the Homemade Café in Nottingham on Tuesday.

Chicken caesar, simple but good. Soft, chicken flavoured chicken, hefty home-made croutons, crisp cos, the whole well dressed. Nothing particularly exciting but it hit the spot on a warm day.

The service was very friendly, but the food was perhaps a little expensive (just under £8 for the salad).

7/10

20 Pelham Street
Nottingham
NG1 2EG


http://homemadecafe.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...