Sunday 5 February 2012

Bacon Sandwich Quest: January

I'm starting to wonder whether Bacon Sandwich Quest was such a good idea. January wasn't a particularly auspicious start. I ate four bacon sarnies only one of which was much good, and I didn't remember to take a photo of any of them.

Scrap that, I've just found a photo hiding on my work phone. Here it is you lucky people:


That's the passable effort served by the Cosy Caf in Bollington, Cheshire. Exciting eh?

Without further ado here's the championship list so far:

Venue
Where's that?
Bacon
Bread
Accompa-niments
Value
Service
Total
Rumbletums
Otley
8
3
4
4
3
22
Cosy Caf
Bollington
6
4
2
2
3
17
Monty's
Windsor
7
2
3
2
3
17
McDonalds
A19 Billingham
4
1
3
3
2
13

A very solid effort from Rumbletums of Otley is the clear leader so far. A standard soft bread roll harbouring a generous three sizeable rashers of thick cut piggy goodness. Brown sauce added in sensible quantities. The right price. Good but better will almost certainly await me.

Next in line are two average attempts that I can't be bothered writing about, and bringing up the rear is a lamentable effort from Maccy D's. Why would you have a bacon sandwich at McDonald's you may well ask. Why would you do such a thing when you could have had a strangely delicious but clearly evil breakfast pork burger with overdone egg? I can't answer the question I'm afraid. I don't know why I did it, but I won't be doing it again.

February is the month of bacon (possibly), so let's hope things take a turn for the better.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...